Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
First semester of the profile MMA.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- A basic understanding of the methods of health economics and
health technology assessment provides a framework for subsequent
- The understanding of economics of health and medical care in
theory and practice is the foundation for the track
- To describe topics in market oriented medical care.
- To understand and apply the methods for the health economic
- To understand and apply the methods for the health technology
assessment of alternative health technologies.
- To understand and apply theories of evidence based
- Apply the techniques of health economic assessment and health
technology are fundamental competences for the fulfilment of job
requirements in the market oriented parts of the medical
- Provide a general overview of the economics of health and
medical care, and cover the medical and nonmedical determinants of
health; markets for health care services and health insurance,
- Analyse key players in the health care sector, and different
health care systems.
- Use methods for the economic evaluation of health technologies
(i.e. cost-effectiveness analyses, cost-utility analyses,
cost-benefit analyses) that are increasingly used for reimbursement
and pricing decisions in health care markets.
- Assess medical products using advanced interdisciplinary tools
for. It provide the students with an understanding of the basic
tools for health technology assessment as a means for political,
administrative and clinical decision-making in national and
international health care systems.
|Name of exam||Economic Evaluations and Technology Assessments|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|
programme student counsellors if you consider applying to
the education and you have questions.
Please consult the Moodle page for your semester and contact the
semester coordinator if you have academic questions, or the study
secretary if you have administrative questions.
All other enquiries may be directed to
Nørgaard, secretary of the Study Board.