Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of marketing theory and marketing
strategy (Introduction to the field and overview of theory)
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of marketing considerations
regarding product properties, branding, packaging, price, costs of
innovation, distribution, promotion, key stakeholders, corporate
branding, segmentation, product development (user-driven).
- Demonstrate basic understanding of a customer focus (i.e.
learning to focus on the customer; the need to know something about
the customer in order to make strategic decisions)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Applied Methods in Market
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of marketing in the health sector,
including an introduction to business planning and
implementing marketing activities in Denmark.
- Demonstrate knowledge of market access tasks in a company,
including knowledge of companies’ work relative to doctors and
patients (and patient associations, researchers, etc.) with an eye
toward the use of medicine (both the introduction of new medicines,
as well as sustaining the market over time) and
collaboration/negotiation with authorities
- Demonstrate knowledge of pricing in selected countries such as
the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark and
- Use the methods of the field to analyse a given market
- Identify company needs for information/knowledge on key market
- Design and conduct interviews as part of a market study
- Outline the content of a simple marketing initiative based on
context and formulation of the problem
- Understand the need of pharmaceutical companies for information
- Understand companies’ organisation of market analyses and
Type of instruction
|Name of exam||Principles of Marketing and Marketing Management|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|
programme student counsellors if you consider applying to
the education and you have questions.
Please consult the Moodle page for your semester and contact the
semester coordinator if you have academic questions, or the study
secretary if you have administrative questions.
All other enquiries may be directed to
Nørgaard, secretary of the Study Board.