Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have deepened their understanding of the theories taught on
this semester by applying these theories in practice.
- Be able to analyse, and develop an integrated solution to a
practical problem concerning technology and innovation
leadership/management within the media industries, usually in the
form of a project developed in and together with an organisation.
The project theme is Media Management and Innovation and Technology
management and normally requires:
- Demarcation and analysis of the empirical background to the
- Develop an operationalisation of a relevant and researchable
research problem/project objective, using theory taught on this
semester, but usually going beyond that.
- Development of an adequate research/project design, including:
- Detailed questions/objectives
- An account of the data collection and data validation methods,
- An account of the analytical methods used and methods used to
validate the findings
- An account of the (design) methods used to develop
recommendations/solutions to resolve the research problem/ achieve
the project objective.
- Presentation and validation of data
- Presentation, validation and discussion of analytical
- Presentation and validation of recommendations/solutions
- Evaluation of the findings and recommendations/solutions,
methods and, if relevant, considerations regarding the limitations
and generalisability of the study.
- Be able to work together as a team to analyse and develop
integrated and feasible solution(s) to a practical organisational
problem in media firms.
- Be able to work together with an organisation in an
academically yet practically adequate manner.
Type of instruction
The module is carried out as group-based, problem-oriented
project work. The group work is carried out as an independent work
process in which the students themselves organise and coordinate
their workload in collaboration with a supervisor. The project is
carried out in groups with normally no more than 6 members.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS course module the expected workload
is 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Media Management: Innovation and Technology Management in Media
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|