Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained on the 1st Semester of the
Operations and Innovation Management specialisation or the
Operations and Supply Management specialisation.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Account for Business Intelligence (BI) concepts, theories and
- Creation of knowledge from either
people/employees/"experts" or from analysing
- Knowledge representation
- Traditional BI handling systems such as expert systems,
knowledge base systems, decision support systems and executive
- Make decisions about the optimal use of the BI concepts,
theories, methods and selected systems for identification of needs,
development of alternative solutions, evaluation selection and
- Use BI in disciplines such as enterprise engineering/modelling,
business analytics, data mining, etc.
- Apply knowledge and skills in relation to business intelligence
development projects and thereby apply the knowledge handling
activities: knowledge acquisition, knowledge verification,
knowledge representation and knowledge engineering.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Business Intelligence and Analytics|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|