Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained on the 1st Semester of the
MSc in the Manufacturing Technology programme.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained an understanding of relevant technologies enabling
the design of adaptive production machines
- Have gained an understanding of machine vision and how this is
integrated into robotic solutions
- Have gained an understanding of how to simulate advanced
- Have knowledge about the business potential of robotic vision
- Be able to integrate various technologies to provide
manufacturing systems with intelligent capabilities (e.g.
reasoning, planning, communication, perception and the
ability to move and manipulate objects)
- Be able to integrate and implement machine vision into a small
and limited manufacturing system.
- Be able to simulate robotic solutions.
- Be able to professionally participate in projects aiming at
developing advanced robotic cells.
- Establish the foundation for applying vision and relevant
simulation tools for future research and development
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Robot Vision|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination