Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have attained thorough understanding of a broad range of
theoretical, numerical and experimental techniques within the area
of Materials Engineering.
- Be able to apply scientific methodology to solve a wide variety
of problems within the field of specialization.
- Be able to perform scientific work in relevant topics in the
field of specialization.
- Be able to apply a wide range of engineering methods in
research and development projects in the field of
- Be able to participate in or lead projects in materials
technology, product development, modeling and analysis of material
systems and production technology.
- The graduates are expected to have gained a broad knowledge
within the areas of Materials Technology. The graduates have
knowledge about qualified materials selection, materials behavior
to external stimuli, influence of processing on material properties
and material microstructure, metallurgy, issues related to polymer
chemistry, various material testing methods and simulation of
- Be able to work independently with a project on a specific
problem within their field of interest on the highest possible
level within their specialization.
- Be able to take part in technical development and research
- Be able to direct the technical management of development
projects within industry.
- Be competent to solve new and complicated technical problems by
the use of advanced analytical and experimental
Type of instruction
In this module, the Master’s project is carried out. The module
constitutes independent project work and concludes the programme.
Within the approved topic, the Master’s project must document that
the level for the programme has been attained.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 30 ECTS course module the expected workload
is 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination