Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in 1st
- Have gained an understanding of typical applications of AxS in
the various domains, e.g. military use, manufacturing, production
- Have gained an understanding of autonomy
- Have gained an understanding of interoperability challenges in
both short- and long-term.
- Have gained an understanding of the concepts and methods of
designing an AxS network.
- Have gained an understanding of methods and tools of evaluating
the performance of an AxS network.
- Be able to design an AxS system or network based on a certain
demand characteristics in a context e.g. manufacturing, production
- Be able to evaluate the performance of an AxS system or network
in a dynamic application environment.
- Be able to assess both technological and economic feasibility
of an AxS system or network in a specific application/commercial
- Have gained awareness and a holistic understanding on the
impacts of AxS in an running business or industrial context.
- Have gained the insights and tools of employing AxS systems or
networks in a specific facility.
- Be able to conduct a comprehensive performance/risk analysis in
a quantitative manner, by identifying the stochastic
characteristics of application .context/environment, based on which
should be able to judge the applicability of any AxS systems or
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Networks of Autonomous Systems|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination