- Explaining the legal standing of refugee protection in
international law and outlining generally its relationship with
other bodies of public international law.
- Analysing and applying concepts, terminology and topical issues
integral to the course.
- Identifying legal problems in regional and international
refugee law and applying relevant sources of law in solving
- Describing the impact and status of refugee law in national
- Researching, presenting and analyzing international and
municipal asylum case law, as well as UNHCR recommendations and
guidelines pertaining to refugee protection.
- Presenting and analyzing the content of substantive provisions
as contained in refugee law instruments.
- Discussing the changing needs and shared expectations of the
international community as regards contemporary refugee law.
- Explaining human rights and refugee law implications of the
current ‘European refugee crisis’.
- Communicating issues relating to migration and international
refugee law in a clear and well-structured manner, using the