Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module builds on knowledge obtained during the 1st - 3rd
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge, at the highest international level of research,
of at least one of the core fields of the education
- Have comprehension of implications of research (research
- Can argue for the relevance of the chosen problem to the
education including specifically account for the core of the
problem and the technical connections in which it appears
- Can account for possible methods to solve the problem
statements of the project, describe and assess the applicability of
the chosen method including account for the chosen delimitation and
the way these will influence on the results of the product
- Can analyse and describe the chosen problem applying relevant
theories, methods and experimental data
- Can describe the relevant theories and methods in a way that
highlights the characteristics and hereby document knowledge of the
applied theories, methods, possibilities and delimitations within
the relevant problem area
- Can analyse and assess experimental data, including the effect
the assessment method has on the validity of the results.
- Can communicate scientific problems in writing and orally to
specialist and non-specialist.
- Can control situations that are complex, unpredictable and
which require new solutions.
- Can independently initiate and to perform collaboration within
the discipline and interdisciplinary as well, and to take
- Can independently take responsibility for his or her own
professional development and specialization.
Type of instruction
As described in the introduction to Chapter 3.
Problem based project oriented project work individual or in
groups of 2-3 persons
|Name of exam||Master's Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
The master thesis can be conducted as a long master thesis. If
choosing to do a long master thesis, it has to include experimental
work and has to be approved by the study board. The amount of
experimental work must reflect the allotted ECTS.
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|