Modulets indhold, forløb og pædagogik
Must have knowledge about:
- Spectrum limitations and spectral efficiency.
- Fixed and mobile/wireless broadband infrastructures.
- Short-range technologies.
- Digital broadcast networks (radio and TV).
- New network architectures, including, CDN, SDN, ICN.
- The structure of the Internet and its design principles.
- The key Internet technologies for content networking:
representation, identification and transport
- Programming models and interfaces for Internet services, in
particular REST, SOAP and Web Services
- The main protocols for streaming media, including session
initiation and management
- Mark-up languages and AJAX technologies, e.g. XML, JSON, HTML5,
Must be able to:
- Explain the technical parameters, which drive the development
of future networks.
- Evaluate to what extent the future mobile and fixed networks
complement or substitute each other.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the use of traditional
mobile networks, wireless or broadcast networks for mobile TV/radio
- Evaluate QoS requirements for Internet applications and
- Understand the potentials of converged infrastructures.
- Explain the concepts of “service”, “service enablers” and
- Reflect on methods for "enrichment" of services:
personalization, use of context, etc.
- Design services for real-time content distribution, including
Must have the competency to:
- Identify and discuss the key technologies and standards for
broadband networks and the properties of networks that are
essential for supporting services.
- Analyse and assess the potential and limitations of existing
and future communication and service infrastructures and help
develop new solutions.
- Make a qualified choice of technologies, methods, platforms and
service architecture in order to realize a given service.
Types of instruction are listed at the start of Chapter 3
|Prøvens navn||Communication Technologies and Service Architectures|
Skriftlig eller mundtlig