Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in Hydrodynamics and
Analysis of Time Series, Ground Water Modelling, Hydraulics and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge on complex hydrological, hydraulic,
chemical, and biological processes in urban drainage systems.
- Must have knowledge on different numerical models for
simulation of relevant complex processes in drainage
- Must be able to apply commercial models for simulation of
relevant processes in drainage systems.
- Must be able to develop and code simple models for simulation
of relevant processes in drainage systems.
- Must be able to apply methods for calibration and validation of
- Must be able to apply probabilistic methods in order to
quantify uncertainties in urban drainage models.
- Must be able read and understand scientific papers and apply
novel methods within urban drainage modelling.
- Be able to compare observations and simulation results and
discuss validity of the latter.
Type of instruction
Lectures, etc. supplemented with project work, workshops,
presentation seminars, lab tests.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is expected to
be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Urban Hydroinformatics|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
Individual oral or written exam
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|