Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in e.g. the courses
Experimental Hydrology, Environmental Soil Science and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Knowledge on technology and applicability of in-situ physical
and biological methods for remediation of contaminated soil and
groundwater zones at polluted soil sites.
- To analyse, synthesize and evaluate contaminant spill
situations in regard to risk for area use and soil and groundwater
resources around a polluted soil site.
- To apply selected methods to measure water transport
parameters, solute transport parameters, gas transport parameters,
and/or biodegradation coefficients in soil and groundwater.
- To model transport of fluids (water and/or air) and transport
and degradation of contaminants in soil and groundwater, using own
models for one dimensional problems and ready-available software
for two or three dimensional problems.
- To handle soil and groundwater pollution in relation to the
groundwater resource, indoor climate, areal use.
- To structure and produce technical documentation of complex
problems, methods and results.
- To communicate problems, findings and solutions graphical as
well as oral to the relevant target audience.
- Must be able to communicate the results of the project work in
a project report.
- Must be able to contribute successfully to teamwork within the
problem area and make a common presentation of the result of the
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision supplemented with instructions,
workshops, presentation seminars, lab tests, etc.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the workload is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Soil and Groundwater Pollution|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral exam based on presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination