Modulets indhold, forløb og pædagogik
Students who complete the module:
- Should have basic knowledge about non-linear effects in
structural response, i.e. influence of large displacements,
plasticity or other non-linear material behavior and dynamic
- Should have knowledge about advanced structural analysis and
its applications in engineering.
- Should have knowledge about non-linear behavior of thin-walled
structures i.e. buckling and postbuckling behavior and influence of
- Should have knowledge of modeling joints in structures linear
as well as non-linear.
- Should have knowledge about non-linear Finite Element analysis
of thin-walled structures.
- Should be able to formulate a mechanical/matematical model for
structures behaving non-linearly.
- Should be able to formulate geometrically non-linear models for
thin-walled structures involving buckling, postbuckling and
- Should be able to estimate the stability load for simplified
thin-walled structures based on analytical models.
- Should be able to formulate mechanical/mathematical models for
joints in structures e.g. flexible joints in frame structures.
- Should have sufficient background to choose an appropriate
numerical model i.e. type of element and type of non-linear
- Should be able to analyze a structure/structural component by a
non-linear Finite Element code
- Should be able to verify the numerical results from Finite
Element calculations by analytical models or other simplified
- Should be able to interpret the results from a non-linear
Finite Element calculation.
- Should be able to participate in non-linear analysis of
engineering structures and participate in a dialog on structural
modifications in order to improve the structural response.
- Should be able to model and analyze thin-walled structures with
geometric non-linear behavior and participate in a dialog of
non-linear analysis of other structures.
Type of instruction
Lectures, etc. supplemented with project work, workshops,
presentation seminars, lab tests.
Omfang og forventet arbejdsindsats
The module is 5 ECTS which is corresponding to 150 hours of
|Prøvens navn||Avancerede konstruktionsanalyser|
Skriftlig eller mundtlig
Individual oral or written exam
|Vurderingskriterier||Vurderingskriterierne er angivet i Universitetets