Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The activity is based upon knowledge obtained at the 1st and 2nd
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Knowledge about innovation theories
- Knowledge about innovative initiatives in the building
- Knowledge about strategical, tactical and operational
- Knowledge about technical, economic, social or organisational
systems and processes in a company or in a network of
- Analyse technical, economic, social or organisational systems
and processes in a company or in a network of companies
- Account for the development of technical, economic, social or
organisational systems and processes in a company or in a network
- Demonstrate further understanding of the long term development
and planning for building industry companies, such as development
of new forms of cooperation between the building industry company
and other parties in the building industry.
- Demonstrate further understanding of the integration of
technical, economical and organisational systems, including
correlations between a company’s products, markets, production,
organisation and management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drawing up a coherent development plan
for a network of companies, for a company as a whole or for
selected parts of a company.
- Collect and analyse empiric data from one or more
- Assess the coherence between theories, models and knowledge
from empiric data.
- Communicate messages clearly to the parties in the building
- Reflect and put the results from the project report into
perspective and point out strengths, weaknesses and possible
- Communicate results from the project work in a project
- Work together with fellow students about the problem area in
question and make a common presentation of the results.
Type of instruction
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars and
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is
expected to be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Innovation in Construction|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination based on presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.