Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The course presents the student for selected models and methods
used in connection with company and project quality and project
management systems. Emphasis is placed on elements targeting the
company's development as a whole via tight project
The course supports the students in gaining knowledge of how
quality, project management and financial management systems can be
included as a strategic element in the organisation overall. Also
how quality, project management and financial management systems
can be integrated with the organisation's other systems.
Finally, the focus is on project risk identification and management
of order-based production, including how risk management can be
used as a strategic business advantage.
- Quality management - business processes and supply
- Project planning and management in multi-project
- Models, methods and tools for the development of advanced
quality and environmental and project management systems.
- Financial management and Risk management of activities in
companies with production orders and long production time.
- Project Risk management and measurement.
- Understand quality management in relation to business and
project processes and analyse the organisation's need for
quality management with a focus on supply chain, and suggest
changes and improvements to all or parts of the system.
- Understand the financial management and risk management of
activities in companies with production orders. Including cash
management, financial capacity management and calculations for
planning and follow-up on the company's order-based
- Understand resource-limited project management problems and
plan the execution of projects with regards to this.
- Identify and analyse risk factors for the company's project
portfolio and understand risk management systems and the use of
risk management for strategic purposes.
- Apply advanced methods and models to develop proposals to
improve the organisation's existing quality and project
- Must be able to understand the relation between quality
management, project management, and financial management and the
company's other management systems and relation with suppliers
and customers in the value chain.
- Must be able to apply acquired knowledge to build quality and
project management systems in companies with order-based
production. This is carried out in terms of how such systems
interact with the company's core business and the company's
other systems, particularly the company's financial
- Must be able to apply acquired knowledge on techniques and
management systems for contract manufacturing companies.
- Must be able to apply acquired knowledge gained on how to
specify projects and the challenges that may arise in
- Must be able to apply acquired knowledge gained about how
companies develop quality management systems.
- Must be able to analyse risk factors for the company's
project portfolio and understand risk management systems and the
use of risk management in connection with the organisation's
strategy development process.
Type of instruction
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars and
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is expected to
be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Development of Project, Risk and Quality Management Systems in
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
Individual oral or written exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination