Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module is based on knowledge achieved in the project module
Automation including power electronics or similar.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge about power electronics, electric drives and
controls for applications such as electrical machine, different AC
and DC drives and converter systems, etc.
- Have development-based knowledge and understanding within the
profession and the discipline’s practice and applied theories and
- Be able to understand scientific methods and theories compared
to the semester theme
- Be able to apply knowledge about designing electronics and
control for applications such as electrical machine, drives and
converter systems, etc.
- Be able to apply the discipline’s methods and tools and master
the skills associated with employment in the profession
- Be able to assess practical and theoretical issues and the
reasons for and select the options
- Be able to present practical and professional issues and
solutions to partners and user
- Be able to analyse results from simulations and laboratory
work, and assemble them to give an overall impression of the
- Have the ability to provide robust time and work plans for own
- Be able to handle complex and development-oriented situations
in study or work contexts within electrical machine and power
- Have the ability to enter into professional and
interdisciplinary collaboration with a professional approach in the
field as electrical machine and drives and power electronic
- Be able to identify own learning needs and structure learning
in different environments in industrial electronics and power
- Be able to translate academic knowledge and skills in the field
of industrial electronics and power electronic engineering to a
Type of instruction
Problem based and project oriented work in project groups.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the work load is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Power Electronics and Electrical Machines (elective)|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination with external examiner based on a presentation of
the project report.
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
The student can choose from two bachelor-projects:Power
Electronics and Electrical Machines or Modelling and
Control of Robotic Systems.