Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Understand key structural and infrastructural choices within
the design of manufacturing and service systems
- Explain of the role of technology in design of an operations
- Describe key organizational design options in connection with
creating an effective organization
- Understand key strategic choices and trade-offs within
operations and innovation strategy design.
- Evaluate the strategic role of operations and innovation for
the value creation and competitiveness of the firm.
- Analyze the role of technologies in the operations and
innovation processes within the firm and conceive ways in which
technologies can be applied in these processes.
- Analyze an organizational context focusing on the alignment
between the organizational configuration and key operations or
- Conceive and design an operations and innovation strategy
aligned with the organizational context for manufacturing and
service organizations, which achieves strategic fit with business
and market requirements
- Conceive and design an operations and innovation strategy which
makes use of technological opportunities and technologies
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Operations, Innovation and Organizational
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|