Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Understand methodological approaches and tools for studying
organizations and supply and value chains
- Understand and explain of the key methodological trade-offs
between different scientific methods when studying organisations
and supply and value chains
- Understand the key approaches to increase the quality of data
- Describe different methods to analyse both quantitative and
- Explain statistical methods and technologies for structuring
and analyzing large datasets – including analytical approaches for
- Identify and apply appropriate research methods necessary for
analyzing and improving global business processes.
- Evaluate different strategies and approaches for data
collection and analysis.
- Use statistical methods for data analysis
- Select and operationalise appropriate quantitative and
qualitative approaches to data collection and analysis
- Collect reliable and valid data.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Researching Business Systems|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|