Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- A coherent and profound understanding methodological approaches
and tools for studying global value chains and business
- Understanding of the key methodological trade-offs between
different methods when studying global value chains and business
- Understanding the key approaches to increase the quality of
- Knowledge of different methods to describe, analyse and improve
global value chains.
- Knowledge of how to describe and understand business processes
in the global organisation.
- Developed skills that enable the student to apply different
research methods necessary for analysing and improving global
- Developed skills in evaluating different strategies and
approaches for data collection and analysis.
- Developed skills in analysing and understanding global and
- Be able to select and operationalise appropriate approaches to
data collection and analysis
- Be able to collect reliable and valid data.
- Be able to model and analyse value chains and processes in the
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Methods and Tools for Business Systems Studies|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|