Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- A coherent and profound understanding of how and why
organizations globalise, including an in-depth knowledge of the
associated theories and strategies
- A profound understanding of the different theoretical
perspectives on management in the global organization and how these
different perspectives can be operationalised when analysing
management in the global organization.
- Knowledge of different strategic configuration of
organizations, including network structures, as well as an
understanding of the key management challenges and issues
associated with managing the global organization.
- Knowledge about strategic innovation in a global
- Developed skills in applying the different theoretical
- Developed skills to evaluate different options and argue for
specific choices for strategic design of global value chains and
business systems, the development of appropriate strategies,
including recognising competitive opportunities, configuring global
capabilities as well as organisational value chains and
- Developed relevant skills to apply theories and methods to the
improvement and reorganisation of global value chains and business
- Developed skills to identify and implement options for
reorganisation and improvements in the context of global value
chain and business systems.
- Be able to discuss the complex of problems associated with
globalisation of organisations to outline the different paths and
strategies an organization may choose to globalize value chains and
- Develop abilities to craft and implement relevant
organizational set-ups in the global organisation.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Managing Global Business Systems and Value Chains|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|