Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The course focuses on the external dimensions of contemporary
global production systems. Focus is especially on global
strategies, outsourcing choices/practices, supplier related
choices/practices and procurement choices/practices.
- An understanding of the central international management
- An understanding of the determinants behind the configuration
of a company’s internationalization choices.
- Knowledge of strategic procurement and the associated
- Knowledge of different key managerial challenges pertaining to
the outsourcing decision, supplier selection, relationship building
and collaboration with suppliers.
- Knowledge of the role of digitalization with regards to
configuration of global value chains.
- Knowledge of the role of technological issues and
sustainability when making outsourcing and procurement
- Developed skills in applying the international management
theories when configuring global value chains.
- Developed skills to evaluate different options concerning
internationalization choices from the perspective of international
- Developed skills to critically asses the limitations to
international management theories and supplier management
- Develop skills in making outsourcing choices, supplier
management, and to procurement.
- Be able to discuss in a nuanced way the problem complex
associated with internationalization with specific focus on aspects
relating to ownership advantages, locational choices and
- Be able to discuss in a nuanced way central issues in respect
to supplier management and procurement.
- Be able to provide theory informed yet independent reflections
on the adequacy of the international management and supplier
- Develop abilities to craft and implement relevant
organizational set-ups in the global companies or companies
interested in internationalizing.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Outsourcing and Procurement|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|