Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained on the 1st semester of the
MSc in the Manufacturing Technology programme or the like.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained an understanding of relevant technologies enabling
the design of intelligent machines (artificial intelligence)
- Have gained an understanding of relevant sensor technologies
- Have gained an understanding of highly flexible and integrated
- Have gained an understanding of the business potential of
- Be able to use various technologies to provide manufacturing
systems with intelligent capabilities (reasoning, knowledge,
planning, learning, communication, perception and the ability to
move and manipulate objects)
- Be able to integrate and implement intelligent machines into a
small and limited manufacturing system.
- Have the foundation to participate in projects aiming at
designing intelligent manufacturing systems which more or less
autonomously can adapt to variations in their environment and, over
time, improve their performance.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Intelligent Manufacturing|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|