Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have an understanding of how integrated computer-based systems
can be used to develop product and manufacturing process
- Have gained knowledge about systems and tools (e.g. modelling
tools, simulation tools, 3D visualization tools, and collaboration
tools) that can support this development.
- Have knowledge of how the digital information is created and
- Have an in-depth understanding of the basic functionality of
existing and emerging systems for digital manufacturing.
- Have an understanding of generic interfaces between systems for
- Be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of digital
- Be able to solve problems related to the simultaneous
development of products and manufacturing.
- Be able to conduct a systematic assessment of the need for
- Use digital manufacturing tools to model, simulate and
visualize issues related to the simultaneous development of
products and manufacturing processes.
- Be able to judge the opportunities and limitations of Digital
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Digital Manufacturing|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|