Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained in the modules Digital
Manufacturing Technology or Digital Manufacturing and Service and
the modules Manufacturing Processes, Automation and Robots and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
To provide the student with an understanding of how contemporary
technologies – for innovation, design, and manufacturing of
products or delivery services – can be applied to create
responsive, sustainable, and agile production and service delivery
systems in a company.
- Must have knowledge about intelligent production and service
- Must have knowledge about organizational design facilitating
- Must have knowledge about the role of management and humans in
- Must have knowledge about communication protocols and software
- Must be able to explain principles of agile manufacturing and
how they influence the design process.
- Must be able to explain core principles of service development
and how they influence the design process.
- Must be able to use the principles, tool and techniques of
agile manufacturing and service design in the process of
intelligent production and service systems.
- Must be able to combine different principles tools and
techniques to create intelligent production and service
- Must be able to discuss and evaluate the appropriateness of a
given intelligent production and service system and how to balance
conflicting demands in the design process.
- Must have the competencies to apply principles of agile and
sustainable production to company cases and design intelligent
production and service systems.
- Must have competencies to establish involving, flexible
processes involving stakeholders at all levels in innovation
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Intelligent Production and Service Design|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|