Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained in the module Linear
Algebra and the project module From the Classic to the Modern
Production and Service or the like.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
For students to develop an understanding of the differences
between models, theory and reality. The overall objective is to
make students realize, quantify, acknowledge and mediate the
advantages and limits of models with respect to material, social
and environmental aspects of reality.
- To acquire knowledge of the scientific way of working with
methods, theories and models.
- Must acquire knowledge of relevant concepts and methods of
analysis and assessment of scientific solutions in relation to
material, social and environmental aspects og reality.
- Must be able to define and understand model concepts, material,
social and environmental aspects og reality.
- Must be able to include and describe relevant concepts, models,
theories and methods used for analysis of the specific
- Must be able to quantitatively and qualitatively compare the
- Must be able to identify experiments to verify the model
- Must be able to communicate the results obtained from using a
model to an audience that is not familiar with the model.
- Must be able to rationalize and scientifically justify the use
of a specific model for a given problem.
- Must be able to work with a model while taking into account
deviations to reality.
- Must be able to draw conclusions from a model while taking into
account deviations to reality, and must be able to communicate the
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Reality and Models|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|