Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Be able to understand central concepts, theories and methods in
the theory of elasticity.
- Be able to describe spatial deformations with the use of theory
of elasticity such that the geometrical, dynamical/statical and
constitutive conditions are satisfied
- Be able to understand the concepts of non-linear elasticity,
viscoelasticity and plasticity.
- Be able to account for the considerations necessary for
applying the concepts, theories and methods of the theory of
- Be able to use correct concepts, notation and symbols.
- Be able to use index notation and tensors in problems related
to the theory of elasticity.
- Be able to understand fundamental results pertaining to thermal
stresses, inclusions, inhomogeneities, and dislocations.
- Be able to use the theory of elasticity for determining
displacements, strains, and stresses under different loading
- Be able to use results from elasticity theory in explaining
material related problems on macro and micro structural
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Continuum Mechanics|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|