Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have attained thorough understanding of a broad range of
theoretical, numerical and experimental techniques within the area
of design of mechanical systems.
- Be able to apply scientific methodology to solve a wide variety
of problems within the field of specialization.
- Be able to perform scientific work in relevant topics within
the field of specialization.
- Be able to apply a wide range of engineering methods in
research and development projects in the field of
- Be able to participate or lead projects in mechanical system
design, product development, modeling and analysis of mechanical
systems, materials technology, production technology, structural
mechanics and design of lightweight structures.
- Be able to work independently with a project on a specific
problem within their field of interest on the highest possible
level within their specialization.
- Be able to take part in technical development and research
- Be able to direct the technical management of development
projects within the industry.
- Be competent to solve new and complicated technical problems by
the use of advanced mathematics, scientific and technological
Type of instruction
In this module, the Master’s project is carried out. The module
constitutes independent project work and concludes the program.
Within the approved topic, the Master’s project must document that
the level for the program has been attained.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 50 ECTS project module the expected workload is
1500 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||50 ECTS Long Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|