Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained an understanding of basic mechanical properties of
engineering materials and modeling procedures used to quantify
these properties, as well as the ways in which these properties
characterize material response.
- Be able to understand basic continuum mechanical theories and
apply them to simple structural components.
- Be able to substantiate different observable deformation modes
by underlying physical mechanisms.
- Be able to document knowledge related to the application of
selected analytical/numerical methods for materials
- Have gained an awareness of various responses exhibited by
solid engineering materials when subjected to mechanical loadings
and an explanation of the physical mechanisms associated with
design-limiting behavior of engineering materials.
- Have gained an understanding of predictive analytical and
computational frameworks that provide quantitative skills to deal
with materials-limiting problems in engineering design.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Solid Mechanics with Microstructure|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|