Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge about analytic modeling of physical
- Have knowledge about control of dynamic systems and tools for
analysis of a controlled system.
- Have knowledge about industrial and
- Have knowledge about performances of a controlled system such
as transient response, steady-state accuracy, stability and
- Have knowledge about signal processing and discrete time
- Have knowledge about control of robots, robot control schemes
- Be able to formulate models and apply methodologies to address
and solve problems related to the dynamics of electro-mechanical
- Be able to simulate the dynamic model of a system and test
control methods in simulation.
- Be able to implement a control system and evaluate the system
performances of a physical dynamic system.
- Be able to generalize the knowledge to the design of
multi-disciplinary controlled systems.
- Be able to rationalize and scientifically justify the use of a
specific model for a given problem.
- Be able to communicate with experts about themes related to
vibrations, system dynamics and control.
- Be able to identify problems in controlled systems and provide
solutions to improve the performances of a controlled system.
- Be able to implement new control solutions for a given control
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Modelling and Control of Mechatronic Systems|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|