Courses and teaching activities may be offered within in the following areas:
This Module will introduce the challenges of archiving and preserving arts and culture of digital media. Issues of how databases and archives can play a role in the institutionalization of media arts in the greater cultural heritage sector. Current efforts of preservation as well as developments for restoration plans in regards to exhibitions, collections and historical research will be examined, including the arts and media sector's state of the art.
Learning Goals will include the ability to:
1. Identify problems and develop new ideas, questions and
directions in Infrastructures for Media Arts Cultures
2. Identify problems and develop new ideas, questions and directions in Archiving and Databases & Digital Preservation and Restoration
3. Analyse the needs & assumptions of the international MediaAC audiences.
4. Identify new traits & thinking in international cultural institutionalization.
5. Compare and contrast technologies for archiving & preserving media culture
6. Interpret media art cultural content into a digital archive
7. Analyze the examples and processes of digital collections management for cultural institutions
8. Apply international data "field" methods.
|Prøvens navn||Digital Archiving and Preservation|
Skriftlig og mundtligPresentation and discussion in seminar style in: “Digital Archiving and Preservation” : 45%
Development between Presentation and Final Paper during course and general participation:
A written scientific work that is graded on the demonstration of achievement of the learning goals: 45%
|Engelsk titel||Digital Archiving and Preservation|
This module is offered only as a part of the ERASMUS MUNDUS Master of Excellence: Media Arts Cultures at Danube University, Austria
|Studienævn||Studienævnet for Kommunikation og Digitale Medier|
|Institut||Institut for Kommunikation og Psykologi|
|Fakultet||Det Humanistiske Fakultet|