• Must acquire knowledge about basic principles of
self-assmbling behavior in nature, forces involved in the process,
ways to model and design a self-assembling system
• Must acquire knowledge about application of self-assembly for drug-delivery, thin films and nano-arrays
• Must be able to use Langmuir-Blodgett technique as well as
other methods to fabricate monolayers, micelles and vesicles
• Must be able to apply the acquired knowledge to critically read and understand research papers on the subject of self-assembly
• Must acquire an overview of the current progress in the areas of self-assembly and drug delivery
Lectures and exercises.
|Name of exam||Self-Assembling Systems|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|