• Modulators: conversion of electrical signals to optical
• Light-emitting diodes
• Lasers including semiconductor -, gas – and dye lasers, and continuous-wave and pulsed lasers.
• Optical fibers: single-mode, multi-mode, and dispersion compensating
• Optical communication systems
• Dispersion, noise, loss mechanisms
Skills for solving problems within the above mentioned areas.
Competencies that will develop and strengthen knowledge and understanding of the theories and methods of optoelectronics within other fields. Based on given information the student must be able to discuss and argument using concepts from the field of optoelectronics.
Lectures combined with theoretical exercises.
This is a 5 ECTS course module and the work load is
expected to be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Optoelektronik|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
|Location of the lecture||Campus Aalborg|
|Responsible for the module|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology|
|Department||Department of Mathematical Sciences|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|