• Must have knowledge and understanding of basic biosensors
• Must have knowledge and understanding of major phenomena used in biosensing, including optical, surface plasmon resonance, and electro-chemical based systems
• Must have knowledge and understanding of surface bound reactions and their kinetics.
• Must be able to apply their knowledge about biosensor design to real problems
• Must have the knowledge how to make a business case for a biosensor
• Should understand scientific methods and theories in relation to the topic of the project
• Must be able to apply the acquired knowledge to the design of
functional biosensors and measurement protocols
• Must be able to perform measurements using the designed biosensor ex-periment, process data and draw conclusions about the investigated reac-tions and the biosensor performance
• Must be able to evaluate practical biosensor designs and performance
• Must be able to perform a cost-benefit analysis for a biosensor
• Must have working knowledge and basic skills for designing,
evaluating and experimental handling of biosensor devices
• Must be able to understand and apply knowledge necessary to create functional biosensors
• Must be able to reflect over relevant theories and methods used for bio-sensor design
• Must be able to assess basic economic conditions for the development and commissioning of biosensors
Workshop and project work with supervision. The Biosensor workshop comprises lectures and hand-on laboratory exercises covering the main types of currently used biosensors, including different kinds of electrochemical and optical sensors. The workshop also addresses the issues of surfaces functionalization technique to achieve required selectivity and sensitivity and discuss the specific aspects of surface-bound chemical reactions. The economic part of the project will be supported by a number of lectures covering basic business economy.
This is a 20 ECTS project module and the work load is expected to be 600 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Bachelorprojekt (Biosensorer)|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
|Danish title||Bachelorprojekt (Biosensorer)|
|Location of the lecture||Campus Aalborg|
|Responsible for the module|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|
|School||School of Engineering and Science|