• Must have the knowledge and understanding of the most
im-portant nanotechnological fabrication methods such as optical
and e-beam lithography, physical and chemical vapor deposition, wet
and dry etching techniques
• Must have the knowledge and understanding of the most important imaging and analysis techniques, e.g. SEM, AFM, ellip-sometry etc.
• Should understand scientific methods and theories in relation to the topic of the semester
• Must be able to apply micro- and nano-fabrication methods to
produce components for (bio)sensors, nanoelectronics, and
• Must understand limitation and advantages of various fabrication techniques and must be able devise the fabrication process accordingly
• Must be able to evaluate the quality of the produced nanostructures
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of design, fabrication
and analysis procedures required for production of functional
• Must be able to apply the knowledge within nanofabrication in order to design, create, and analyse structures on the nanoscale
• Must be able to reflect over relevant theories and methods used for fabrication of nanostructures
Project work with supervision.
This is a 15 ECTS project module and the work load is
expected to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Fabrikation af nanostrukturer - projekt|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
|Danish title||Fabrikation af nanostrukturer - projekt|
|Location of the lecture||Campus Aalborg|
|Responsible for the module|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology|
|Department||Department of Mathematical Sciences|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|