Students who complete the module: will have gained skills in inorganic chem-istry, have developed knowledge in deducing and applying chemical reaction principles to real problems.
• Must have knowledge about general chemistry and chemical
• Must be able to understand chemical equations and equilibria
• Must be able to use and apply the information of the periodic system of elements towards problems
• Must be able to deduce chemical properties by using the periodic system of elements
• Must be able to solve chemical reactions and equilibria with the help of the periodic system and deduce the properties of the resulting compounds
• Must be able to apply chemical reaction principals to real
• Must be able to evaluate chemical equilibria
• Must be able to apply the periodic system of elements to real world problems
• Must be able to predict properties of newly synthesized chemical com-pounds on the basis of the periodic system of elements
• Must be able to predict reactivates and properties of substances with the help of the periodic system of elements
Must be able to understand and apply basic knowledge about the
periodic system and its compounds
• Must have a basic understanding of the structure of atoms, compounds, and basic chemical principles.
Lectures with accompanying problem solving session.
Since it is a 5 ECTS course, the work load is expected to be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Generel og uorganisk kemi|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Danish title||Generel og uorganisk kemi|
|Location of the lecture||Campus Aalborg|
|Responsible for the module|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematics, Physics and Nanotechnology|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|