Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module builds upon basic knowledge of linear algebra and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have gained an understanding of fundamental concepts
related to robotics.
- Must have an understanding of how vision and other sensors can
be integrated with a robot
- Must have an understanding of relevant technologies enabling
the design of intelligent machines (artificial intelligence).
- Must have an understanding of highly flexible and integrated
- Must have an understanding of the business potential of
- Must be able to use various technologies to provide
manufacturing systems with intelligent capabilities (reasoning,
knowledge, planning, learning, communication, perception and the
ability to move and manipulate objects).
- Must be able to model the direct and inverse kinematics of a
- Must be able to design simple trajectory planners, including
Cartesian and joint interpolators
- Must be able to program an industrial robot to carry out
- Must be able to integrate vision with an industrial robot.
- Must be able to integrate and implement intelligent machines
into a small and limited manufacturing system.
- Must have the foundation to participate in projects aiming at
designing intelligent manufacturing systems which more or less
autonomously can adapt to variations in its environment and, over
time, improve its performance.
Type of instruction
The form(s) of teaching will be determined and described in
connection with the planning of the Semester. The description will
account for the form(s) of teaching and may be accompanied by an
elaboration of the roles of the participants. The course/project
theme is performed in either English or Danish dependent of the
language skills of the participants.
|Name of exam||Robot Vision|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
Individual oral exam on the basis of a small report and a practical
demonstration. An internal censor participates in the
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in Joint Programme Regulations