Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The Module adds to the knowledge obtained in the 1st Semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have broad knowledge in the area of acoustics, audio
engineering, hearing and human sound perception.
- Must have knowledge in the field of sound and audio
technologies including multi-channel sound recording and
reproduction, measurement, instrumentation and standards.
- Must demonstrate insight into the area of human sound
- Must demonstrate insight into existing everyday standard and
advanced solutions in audio systems, e.g. HiFi, public address,
CarFi, communication systems, and personal hearing devices (incl.
- Must be able to select and apply analytical, numerical and
experimental methods for analysis and design of complex audio
- Must be able to initiate and implement appropriate technical
implementations for audio solutions, e.g. within binaural or
multi-channel recording and reproduction techniques.
- Must be able to consider the impact of normal loudness
perception and possible masking phenomena in the engineering
- Must be able to consider spatial aspects of the sound image in
the engineering solution(s).
- Must be able to apply proper technical solutions in the field
of audio engineering based on normal human sound perception.
- Must be able to communicate the results of the project work in
a project report
- Must be able to contribute successfully to teamwork within the
problem area and make a common presentation of the result of the
Type of instruction
As described in the introduction to Chapter 3.