Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
Basic knowledge of linear algebra and statistics.
Course on “Development of ICT and media services” or similar
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge about high level smart sensors (e.g.
cameras, 3D sensors, EEG sensors)
- Must have knowledge about advanced artificial intelligence and
pattern recognition algorithms (e.g. kernel methods, neural
- Must have knowledge about artificial intelligence in the
context of data mining
- Must have knowledge about hardware processing platforms (e.g.
Arduino, Raspberry Pi) for sensor integration
- Must have a clear understanding of the smart sensor processing
- Must be able to use and integrate various high level smart
sensors to acquire data
- Must be able to apply machine learning and pattern recognition
techniques on acquired sensor data
- Must be able to design and develop smart sensor systems using
hardware (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi) for real-time data
- Must have the competency to compare and choose the most
relevant high-level smart sensors for a given application
- Must have the competency to assess the use of various
artificial intelligence and pattern recognition techniques for a
- Must have the competency to compare and assess the use of
various hardware platforms for data processing and sensor
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed at the start of Chapter 3.