Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
Students holding a bachelor degree from another university than
Aalborg University must pass the course: Problem Based Learning and
Project Management at Aalborg University, prior to sitting the
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in e.g. the courses
Experimental Hydrology, Environmental Soil Science and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who complete the module:
- Knowledge on technology and applicability of in-situ physical
and biological methods for remediation of contaminated soil and
groundwater zones at polluted soil sites.
- To analyse, synthesize and evaluate contaminant spill
situations in regard to risk for area use and soil and groundwater
resources around a polluted soil site.
- To apply selected methods to measure water transport
parameters, solute transport parameters, gas transport parameters,
and/or biodegradation coefficients in soil and groundwater.
- To model transport of fluids (water and/or air) and transport
and degradation of contaminants in soil and groundwater, using own
models for one dimensional problems and ready-available software
for two or three dimensional problems.
- To handle soil and groundwater pollution in relation to the
groundwater resource, indoor climate, areal use.
- To structure and produce technical documentation of complex
problems, methods and results.
- To communicate problems, findings and solutions graphical as
well as oral to the relevant target audience.
- Must be able to communicate the results of the project work in
a project report.
- Must be able to contribute successfully to teamwork within the
problem area and make a common presentation of the result of the
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision supplemented with instructions,
workshops, presentation seminars, lab tests, etc.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the workload is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.