Forudsætninger/Anbefalede forudsætninger for
at deltage i modulet
Admission to the programme
Modulets indhold, forløb og pædagogik
Students who complete the module must have acquired the
following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Must have knowledge about basic design elements and
- Must have knowledge about of the modeling of loads and
- Must have knowledge about forces and moments
- Must be able to understand equilibrium equations
- Must be able to understand the concepts of static determinacy
- Must have knowledge of common building materials: steel, wood
- Must be able to explain the learning theories that underlie
problem based learning
- Must be able to explain the Aalborg model approach to problem
- Must be able to explain the various techniques for planning and
management of the group-based project work.
- Must be able to set static models for planar truss, beam and
- Must be able to perform calculations of reactions in statically
determinate truss, beam and frame structures
- Must be able to perform calculations of section forces and
stresses in statically determinate truss, beam and frame
- Must be able to use the notation and terminology in the field
- Must be able to plan and manage a problem-based and
project-organized study project carried out by a project
- Must be able to communicate project results and processes in a
coherent, structured and understandable manner, both in writing,
verbally and graphically.
- Must be able to analyze the project group’s organization of the
group cooperation with a view to identifying strengths and
weaknesses, and based on the analysis make suggestions for how
cooperation in future groups can be improved.
- Must be able to reflect on the causes and propose possible
solutions to any group conflicts.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate own study efforts and
learning in relation to a problem-based group work with a view to
continued professional development.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate collective learning
processes for joint knowledge development and exchange of
- Must be able to engage in a dialogue on technical issues in
which a basic knowledge of statics is assumed.
- Must be able to engage in, reflect on and optimize own
participation in a group-based project.
- Must be able to consciously reflect on and develop own
- Must be able to engage in, reflect on and optimize collective
learning processes in relation to specific technological
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars,
laboratory visits and more.
Omfang og forventet arbejdsindsats
The module is 5 ECTS which is corresponding to 150 hours of