Forudsætninger/Anbefalede forudsætninger for
at deltage i modulet
In accordance with the admission requirements
Modulets indhold, forløb og pædagogik
Students who complete the module must have acquired the
following knowledge, skills and competencies:
Knowledge - The student must have knowledge of the
theories that describe the following subject areas:
- Must have knowledge of the interaction between design and
construction of buildings.
- Must have knowledge of civil engineering including the timing
and financial impact of different construction methods.
- Must have knowledge of basic foundation and concrete
Skills – The student must be able to:
- Describe the alternative shapes of selective structural
elements, including foundation design.
- Explain alternative material types and construction methods and
specify criteria for choosing between alternatives.
- Analyze the time required for a construction project and set
schedules, for example as bar charts, network diagrams and
- Analyze the cost of construction of a building project and plan
tender calculations in regards to the chosen construction
- Analyze the client and contractor payments and deposits and
create similar financial statement for the project.
- Analyze requirements and design a site that is appropriate for
the building project.
- Develop a project organization that specifies the legal
relations between the parties in the construction project and an
organization deemed appropriate for management of the construction
- Explain the process that semester the group has gone
- Document project work and its results in a well-structured
- Plan and carry out a presentation of the project.
- Should in the future be able to manage a construction based on
an understanding of the technical and organizational relationships
between design and execution.
- Should be able to compare technical disciplines with the
practical execution of construction.
- Must be able to communicate results obtained from project work
in project reports.
- Must be able to work around the problem field project and make
a joint presentation of the project results.
Project work with teacher feedback supplemented with lectures,
workshops, presentation seminars and more.
Omfang og forventet arbejdsindsats
The module is 15 ECTS which is corresponding to 450 hours of