Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
Builds upon the knowledge acquired in the modules on the 1st
semester or the like.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge of management of construction, both
technical, economic, social, and organisational.
- Must have knowledge of the theoretical and practical basis for
the company’s long-term development.
- Must have knowledge of coherent business systems and
development plans at different management levels.
- Must be able to understand the structure of different
management of construction for businesses.
- Must be able to analyse business management of constructions
for the improvement of companies’ operating systems.
- Must be able to understand the structure of support systems for
the decision makers of the company.
- Must be able to identify business needs for strategic change
and develop strategic plans for this transformation.
- Must be able to identify and assess a company's need for
information for budgeting and dissemination of results.
- Must be able to be part of the management team in a
construction project and in a company in the building and
- Must be able to argue for specific strategic development
initiatives and how they are implemented in practice.
- Must be able to communicate the results obtained from the
project work in a project report
- Must be able to work around the project of the problem field
and make a joint presentation of the project results.
Type of instruction
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars and
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the workload is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Management of Construction Industry Companies|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination based on presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.